Blocked Toilets? Call DCM on (07) 5576 5305.
There are lots of reasons for toilets becoming blocked, but the signs are usually one or more of the following:-
- the toilet bowl filling to the top when flushed and only slowly draining away
- gurgling and sucking noises within the pipes when flushed
- water just sitting in the toilet bowl and not draining away
As well as being inconvenient, it can become expensive plumbing job if it’s not dealt with quickly. As always, prevention is better than cure, and way more cost effective. If everyone in your household is aware of what causes toilets to become blocked, you probably won’t need to call the plumber. While that is not so good for us, it’s great for you.
What should you look out for?
These blockages can be caused by any number of issues but the most common are…
- too much waste and toilet paper being flushed at once
- kids amusing themselves by flushing toys down the toilet
- baby nappies blocking the toilet
- wet wipes and even some varieties of face tissues
Other less obvious causes of blockages can be an obstruction such as tree roots, collapsed pipes or foreign objects entering the sewer pipes.
Handy Hint: Always flush the toilet after every to stop a build up causing problems.
What else can you do?
A plunger can often resolve minor toilet blockages so keep one handy, but if it isn’t cleared easily, it’s time to call in a locally based, licensed professional…
- who is on time, polite and courteous
- who treats you and property with respect
- who has the equipment and the expertise to deal with any blocked toilet quickly and cost effectively
Call a plumber who is reliable, who returns your calls and will have everything in good working order as soon as possible, and who clean up afterwards.
DCM Plumbing and Drainage are members of the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland and fully licensed with QBCC (Queensland Building and Construction Commission) to carry out all repairs and replacements for blocked toilets.
For complete peace of mind and fast, courteous service, call DCM Plumbing and Drainage on (07) 5576 5305.