Burst Pipe Repairs
Burst Water Pipes Need Repairing? Call DCM on (07) 5576 5305
A burst water pipe is a challenge you can never prepare for.
Financially, practically and logistically you can’t factor a burst pipe into life the way you can a renovation or scheduled plumbing works.
So, to minimise disruption, when a water pipe bursts, you need someone who can be there immediately espanolfarm.com.
DCM Plumbing is a Gold Coast-based plumber who can locate a leak, repair it and help you complete paperwork to submit to local council to request a rebate on any excess water consumption charges you may incur due to this leak.
What to do if you suspect a burst water pipe:
- Stop using all water in or outside the house (including taps, washing machine, dishwasher and toilets).
- Locate the water meter and make a note of the digits on the meter (including the red digits and dials).
- Re-read the meter in an hour (remember, don’t use the household water in this time).
- If the digits have moved, it’s likely that a leak is present.
- Turn off the water supply at the meter immediately to avoid excess water usage charges and call a licensed plumber.
- DCM Plumbing is fully licensed and provides a same-day service to avoid the leak causing damage to the property.
How to spot a burst water pipe:
- Change in pressure from the taps
- Damp or wet marks on the walls, ceiling or floor
- Puddles or boggy areas around the garden
- Brown or smelly water
- Increase in water bills
Causes of burst water pipe:
- Deterioration of the pipe in the ground
- Corrosion of the pipe in the ground
- High water pressure
We go the extra mile:
If you’ve already received a larger than average water bill, Gold Coast City Council may offer relief for high usage caused by concealed water leaks.
If we carry out a repair that will qualify for relief on your water bill, we’ll send you a form to apply for a rebate along with details of the repair and the first meter reading. Take a look at the form here.
All you need to do is complete your personal details and take a second meter reading a week after the repair and send your application to Gold Coast City Council.
GCCC only allow three relief applications in a ten-year period, so make sure the water bill is excessive enough to warrant a claim
Plumbing work carried out in Queensland must be completed by a licensed plumber with the appropriate endorsements. If you suspect a burst water pipe, call DCM Plumbing on (07) 5576 5305 today